Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fishing With Grandpa


Just today Grandpa Bitton, Zac and I all went out for a fishing trip at Long lake. My Grandpa Bitton caught a little mini perch. We let him go because he was so cute. Well that's what I thought anyways. I caught a squaw fish. Grandpa Bitton said that I saved over 1,000 fish because squaw fish are scavenger fish. If you catch a squaw fish in the Snake river you can sell them for five dollars each to some people that are trying to kill as many of them as possible to save salmon. Since squaw are scavengers they eat salmon. So if they keep eating salmon then people wont be able to catch and sell them. The thing is if you catch a squaw in any other lake than the Snake and sell it it's considered a crime. Not only did I get to spend time with my Grandpa Bitton but I also learned lots of great facts!

3 comments:

blended by grace said...

I'm glad you and Zac got to spend that time with Grandpa. He loves you lots and lots...and so do I.
Mom

The Farrell Family said...

Sounds like a great time! Grandpa's are such special people in our lives. They are so wise and have lots of stories to tell. Treasure every minute with them! I miss my grandpa very much and wish that I could have had more time with him. I love you!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kayla-
It is so great that you got to go fishing with your grandpa! I used to fish with my dad all the time! It's a wonderful time to learn about fishing and life!! :)

I know how much you mean to Boppa. When you stayed over night recently and the next morning asked him such great questions about being a counselor...well he just LOVED that time with you!

You are great at asking questions and you are wonderful at listening to the answers!

I love you so much and I miss you LOTS! Your Nana