Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Science

In school right now in science, we're doing power points on interdependent relationships between animals. The scientific name for it is "symbioses". It means that a certain two animals depend on each other to survive. I was in school and working on my power point when I really looked at this picture. (I'm using it in my power point). How likely is it that a huge meating eating creature would allow this tiny little morsel of meat and feathers into its mouth without eating it? Well, the plover bird cleans chunks of decaying meat out of the crocodiles mouth. This provides food for the plover and much needed dentistry for the crocodile. There are several other ways that these two animals provide for eachother. I just can't exactly remember them right now. : ) Some other interdependent animals are: the clownfish and the sea anemone, the aphid and the ant, and the shark and the remora fish.

3 comments:

blended by grace said...

Isn't that amazing?! I don't know about you, but I'm thankful the Lord didn't make me a plover bird!!!

Love you,
Mama

The Farrell Family said...

Very cool, Sis! I always like hearing about the things you are learning in school. Thanks for sharing.

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Sis!
I love this graphic picture and your description of the interdependent relationship between this crocodile and the tiny plover bird!!:) Thanks for teaching me something new today! :)

Not only that, congrats on learning how to do a power point! That skill, and being able to do
a well organized presentation, will be super valuable in school and as a veterinarian!

It was so fun to see you this last weekend at your various birthday parties!!

Love you so, so much!
Your Nana