Monday, July 28, 2008

Horse Camp 2008

Peaches and I
The Special Event
After the horse show
The trail riding course
Maisie and I

Barrel Racing
This is the lodge where us campers slept and had our meals

This is Peaches! She is the horse that I rode for the week.
This is Willie. One of my friends rode him. Her name is Heather.
Natalie and I before the show
Heather and Willie!
Natalie and her horse, Friday!

On July 13th through 17th I was at horse camp! I rode a beautiful, gentle, sweet (the list goes on and on) palomino mare named Peaches! I went to camp with my soccer friend Natalie and four other girls named Ayla, Monica, Heather, and Audrey. It was amazing some of the places that these other girls came from. Ayla from Colorado, Monica from Montana, Heather from Walla Walla, and Audrey from a place that I can't remember at the moment.
We had riding lessons twice a day and sometimes a trail ride. We went on an all day trail ride to Grouse Creek Falls on one of the days. The water was sooo cold! I had an amazing time at horse camp and really hope to go there again next year!

6 comments:

blended by grace said...

That was such a great opportunity for you! I was amazed at how beautiful the ranch was and your show was very impressive! With each year you just keep getting better and better. You really stood out in many of the events. I'm so proud of you!

I love you,
Your Mama

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Sweetie!

Thanks for this great post and the details about this year's horse camp. I was sorry I was out of town and couldn't make the horse show...but I was thrilled to hear in person about Peaches, your time there, and barrell racing (my event too) :)

I love that you have found such a passion in horses!!!

Love you to the moon and back!
Your Nana

Anonymous said...

Horse Camp sounds like it was a ton of fun! Peaches is beautiful!
Don't forget to email me, Molly

jessithompson said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time! XOXO Titi

The Pelson 5 said...

KK,
looks like you had a great time at horse camp, you look like a natural with those horses. i know Papa is looking forward to riding with you next week!!!!
Love, Auntie Erika

Madison said...

It sounds like you had a blast at horse camp. Maybe next year, you could come with me to Camp Spalding. That would be awesome. Email me soon.

Madison