Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Project!!

In school, we're beginning a new lesson on Egypt. We got the choice to do a project about any Egyptian subject we wanted! I'm doing my project with Nicole (surprise, surprise) and we're doing the project on the pharaohs of Egypt. The pharaohs we are researching are: Pharaoh Hatsheput, who was the first female pharaoh and she also created temples. We are researching Ramses the second who is known for having one hundred children in his life time because of his many wives (Creepy). Lastly we're researching King Tut, the only pharaoh to become a pharaoh at nine years old. He died at the age of nine-teen because of a broken leg complication. King Tut was not the most powerful or important pharaohs but he is as of now, one of the most famous. I'm really enjoying this subject and am excited to begin working on it!!



6 comments:

The Farrell Family said...

Sounds like a great research topic. I'll be interested to hear all the things that you are learning. I agree that the many wives part sounds creepy. : )

Love you!

Anonymous said...

KK, I have been bad about checking your blog lately, so I was surprised to log on tonight and find that you had a new post today! I remember Maddy studying Egypt last year, it is a fascinating country. It is always fun to study a country with such great history. Have fun on your project! Maddy is studying Europe at the moment and soon they get to have a food fair, she is making a French dish that she recently learned how to make.
We miss you and hope that we get to see you very soon!
Auntie Erika

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Sis!
What an amazing project and I love it that you and Nicole get to work together! I have some information about the King Tut exhibit that traveled through the US, if you are intereted in it. Let me know!

I love learning new things and I appreciate that the two of you chose the first female pharaoh to learn about!

I'll look forward to hearing about what you are learning! Go KK and Nicole!! You rock!

Love you so much and miss you!
Your Nana

blended by grace said...

KK,

This is one of the many things I love about you. You were just assigned this project yesterday and started working on it right after school. More than that, you were excited to learn something new and couldn't wait to get started! You have awesome work ethics. And, once again, I am proud of you!

I love you!

Madison said...

Ha! I remember doing that last year. I had so much fun! You will have to tell me if you liked it.

Anonymous said...

Kayla,

The project sounds awesome! I loved learning about Egypt when we studied it. I just learned about the first female pharoh today from you though! Learn something new everyday.

Enjoy the snow, we're all hoping school will be canceled. Hope to see you up on the Mountain soon!

-McBurgy

Don't forget to email me! ;)