Monday, July 20, 2009

Braces!

Today July 20th, I got my braces! It was a long and interesting process getting them on and now my teeth hurt really bad, but I'm looking forward to a straight smile going into my high school freshman year! I just thought that you might be curious about some of the things that us braces people are not allowed to eat. So here's the list that stretches across Washington!
I cannot eat: taffy, caramels, M & M's, peanuts, popcorn, snickers, nachos, pepsi/colas/coke, sugar daddies, caramel apples, licorice, jolly ranchers, sugary gum, beef jerky, corn chips, corn nuts, skittles, gummy bears, starbursts, tootsi rolls, ice, jaw breakers, or doritos. Oh yeah and for a smaller list, these are things that I have to cut up into small pieces in order to eat them:
pizza, meats, carrots, celery, pears, apples peaches, raw brocolli, raw cauliflower, and corn CUT OFF the cob. Phew! It's going to be a long year and a half! Lol! Love you all!!!

4 comments:

The Farrell Family said...

That is quite a list! You look great and I am sure that you'll take good care of your braces while you have them. You are such a responsible girl! I hope that your teeth feel better soon! I know that you'll love your straighter smile when you get them off! Love you!

blended by grace said...

You look so cute, I mean, beautiful in your new braces! Sorry they are painful...but it will pass soon! As for the list, it will be good to eat less of a lot of that stuff!
I love you so much,
Mama

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Sis!
What a great picture of you! Beautiful smile!!

Even though your mouth is sore, it will all be worth it! Thanks so much for the list so I know what works for you and what doesn't.

Love you so much!
Your Nana

Anonymous said...

KK,
I still sometimes tear bites off my sandwiches by hand(you cant just bite down) because of wearing them for 2 years. Your mouth wont hurt for too long!!! Love the colors!

Auntie Erika