Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Visit From Ms. Howland!



Today I was sitting in a corner of the classroom reading my book when my teacher came over and told me to go out into the hall. I didn't know what it was about. Am I in trouble or is there something really fascinating in the hall, I thought. I started walking toward the door and there was Ms. Howland, my old P.E. teacher from Ridgeview! I started speed walking toward the door and finally into her arms for a big hug. We chatted for a little while. Maybe about ten minutes. We talked about how the schools are without each other and found out that we both missed each other a LOT. She asked what the chances were of me going back to Ridgeview for 6th grade. I told her that the chances really weren't that great. I'm glad that I got to spend the three years that I did at Ridgeview and will always have a clear memory of Ms. Howland!

3 comments:

blended by grace said...

Wow, Kayla! That is wonderful that Ms. Howland came to visit you at school. It doesn't surprise me that she misses you. You are a great student and athlete.
I love you!
Mom

The Farrell Family said...

What a nice treat! I always enjoy running into past teachers. It sounds like Ms. Howland really thought of you as a special student! We do too!

xoxo

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Sweetie! How awesome that you got to see your teacher and friend!
I'm sure Rideview really misses having you there!

How fun that you got to share memories with your old teacher!

Love you KK! your Nana